This was a recipe that I found based on the ingredients that I happened to buy at Trader Joe’s. I chose to add chocolate and white chocolate chips to yield a more interesting outcome!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (I used powder)
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar (I used Trader Joe’s cane sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (I used JIF single serving packets I bought a while back and never used – and I used about 1 oz over 1 cup)
- chocolate and white chips, to your liking
- sugar for embellishing
1. Prepare ingredients
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet (I used a baking mat).
3. Sift together flour, salt and baking soda, and set aside. Bonus points for pink mixing bowls!
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
**8. **Add chocolate chips to your liking. The goal is to maximize chips without making the dough unworkable.
9. Form each cookie into a ball using about a tablespoon of dough. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
10. Press fork slightly into the cookies to make the signature crosshatched top. Squiisshhhh…
12. Bake until golden, about 10-15 minutes. I would put them in for ten, and then check and adjust from there based on your cookie texture preference.
13. Finished! Package and consume as desired!