This was hard to find, so I want to share a little script for automatically generating an RSS 2.0 feed for files (with a particular extension) in a server directory. For example, you may have a set of photos, videos, or audio files that you want to share! Here are steps for customizing it for your server:
- Create a directory, and add your files
- Download the script
- Change the $allowed_ext variable to include extensions of files you want to include in the feed
- Change the $feedName, $feedDesc, $feedURL, and $feedBaseURL to your server paths
- Drop the file in your http://www.mysite/directory
- Navigate to http://www.mysite/directory to see the feed’s xml
Done! Now you can subscribe via your favorite RSS service, or check that your feed is valid.
Sochat, Vanessa. "Generate RSS 2.0 Feed for Files in Directory." @vsoch (blog), 29 Apr 2014, https://vsoch.github.io/2014/generate-rss-2-0-feed-for-files-in-directory/ (accessed 20 Mar 23).